In this section, we highlight resources for young people including advocacy tools, toolkits, and training curricula. Please browse our website for additional resources for justice-involved or youth in foster care.
*Click here to jump back to the main microsite navigation menu.
- Financial Empowerment Toolkit (via Children’s Bureau)
- Strategic Sharing: Using Personal Stories for Advocacy (via North American Council on Adoptable Children)
- Caged Birds Sing: A Report by Girls on the A Unit at Waxter (via Sonia Kumar, ACLU of Maryland)
- Its Transition Time Checklist (via Foster Club)
- A Children’s Guide to Foster Care (via Compass Fostering)
- Guide for Children Under 5 (via Compass Fostering)
- Regenerations: Leadership Pipeline Toolkit (via Movement Strategy Center & Funders’ Collaborative on Youth Organizing)
- Performing Statistics Curriculum (via Performing Statistics)
- Interactive iCivic Games (via iCivics)
- Read more
AYPF was proud to host this youth-focused event, highlighting the talents and stories of systems-involved youth.
- July 21, 2020Read more
After a series of focus groups, Maria Duarte & Nicole Chandonnet share research alongside youth voices relating their COVID-19…
- -Read more
This study tour consisted of site visits & presentations from labor, child welfare & juvenile justice leaders about systems…
- Read more
Joined by partners and supporters, AYPF celebrated and recognized the 2019 Samuel Halperin Youth Public Service Award winner.