- Spring & Summer 2022 Marketing and Communications Intern
AYPF is a nonprofit, nonpartisan professional development organization based in Washington, DC working to bridge the gap between research, practice, and policy. AYPF’s mission is to educate, engage, and inform policymakers, practitioners, and researchers about education, youth, and workforce policies to improve the lives and outcomes of youth marginalized by systemic inequities. We carry out this mission by providing research-based information and resources, first-hand learning experiences, convenings, and peer-to-peer networking exchanges to policymakers and youth-serving leaders at the national, state, and local levels.
Spring & Summer 2022 Marketing and Communications Intern
AYPF is offering an internship to the candidate that can best support its communications, marketing, and outreach goals. The intern will report to AYPF’s Senior Director of Marketing and Communications.
The Experience at AYPF Will:
- Provide direct learning experience in non-profit strategic goals
- Provide exposure to the Washington, DC policy world
- Cultivate a deeper awareness of self, skills, and interests
- Provide the opportunity to be creative and innovative with your work
- Allow you to contribute to a rewarding mission
- Put your technical skills to good use!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Inputting and updating information in AYPF’s CRM database
- Assisting with the drafting and development of communications and marketing materials
- Helping manage and grow AYPF’s social media presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and possibly other platforms (incl. simple graphic and video production)
- Aggregating and compiling data from Google Analytics, social media analytics, CRM, etc.
- Helping to send out e-mailings using AYPF’s CRM
- Helping manage the AYPF website by coordinating timely, accurate posts and updates via WordPress.
- Taking part in staff and board meetings
- Providing general administrative support as needed
- Be working on or have completed a college degree or alternative postsecondary education credential in a Marketing, Communications, or English concentration
- Be able to strongly commit to 40 hours per week, starting as early as January 2022 and through August 2022
- Demonstrated experience with social media
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work well on individual and team projects
- Be flexible and proactive with regard to work assignments
- Good writing and editing skills
- Organized, reliable, intelligent, positive, and motivated
- Experience working with Canva, WordPress/CMS and landing pages, email and CRM tools, Google Forms and Sheets, Adobe products, podcasts, and media relations a big plus
- Fluent with Microsoft Office and online communication tools (as well as comfortable learning new software and systems)
AYPF will only consider candidates who commit to working a schedule of 40 hours per week. AYPF provides an internship stipend based on the following:
How To Apply
Please submit a résumé and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email, indicating Marketing and Communications Internship in the subject line, to Christine Veney at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we cannot respond to inquiries individually.