Marketing and Communications Intern
Application Deadline: July 16, 2021
(Year-long internship (preferable), beginning Fall 2021)
The American Youth Policy Forum (AYPF) is offering a year-long, remote internship to the candidate that can best support its communications, marketing, and outreach goals. The intern will report to AYPF’s Senior Director of Marketing and Communications.
The Experience at AYPF Will:
- Provide direct learning experience in non-profit strategic goals
- Provide exposure to the Washington, DC policy world
- Cultivate a deeper awareness of self, skills, and interests
- Provide the opportunity to be creative and innovative with your work
- Allow you to contribute to a rewarding mission
- Put your technical skills to good use!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Inputting and updating information in AYPF’s CRM database
- Assisting with the drafting and development of communications and marketing materials
- Helping manage and grow AYPF’s social media presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and other platforms
- Aggregating and compiling data from Google Analytics, etc.
- Helping to send out e-mailings using AYPF’s CRM
- Helping manage the AYPF website by coordinating timely, accurate posts and updates via WordPress.
- Taking part in staff and board meetings
- Providing general administrative support as needed
- Be working on or have completed a college degree or alternative postsecondary education credential in a Marketing, Communications, or English concentration
- Be able to commit at least 24 hours per week
- Demonstrated experience with social media
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work well on individual and team projects
- Be flexible and proactive with regard to work assignments
- Good writing and editing skills
- Organized, reliable, intelligent, positive, and motivated
- Experience working with WordPress/CMS, email and CRM tools, and database systems a plus
- Fluent with Microsoft Office and online communication tools (as well as comfortable learning new software and systems)
AYPF considers candidates who commit to working a schedule of 24, 32, or 40 hours per week. AYPF provides an internship stipend based on the following schedules of availability:
40 hours a week: $1,500.00/mo.
32 hours a week: $1,250.00/mo.
24 hours a week: $1,000.00/mo.
40 hours a week: $1,200.00/mo.
32 hours a week: $1,000.00/mo.
24 hours a week: $800.00/mo.
How To Apply:
Please submit a résumé and cover letter detailing your interest, qualifications, and schedule of availability by email, indicating Marketing and Communications Internship in the subject line, to Taylor Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 16, 2021. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we cannot respond to inquiries individually.