Fall 2022 & Spring 2023 Marketing and Communications Internship
AYPF is a nonprofit, nonpartisan professional development organization based in Washington, DC working to bridge the gap between research, practice, and policy. AYPF’s mission is to educate, engage, and inform policymakers and practitioners about education, youth, and workforce policies to improve the lives and outcomes of youth marginalized by systemic inequities. We carry out this mission by providing research-based information and resources, first-hand learning experiences, convenings, and peer-to-peer networking exchanges to policymakers and youth-serving leaders at the national, state, and local levels.
The American Youth Policy Forum (AYPF) is offering a remote internship to the candidate that can best support its marketing and communications goals. The intern will report to AYPF’s Senior Director of Marketing and Communications. Note: The internship will begin as early as September 2022. If the Fall 2022 intern is a good fit, AYPF will consider extending their internship through Spring 2023.
The experience at AYPF will:
- Provide direct learning experience in non-profit strategic goals
- Provide exposure to the Washington, DC policy world
- Cultivate a deeper awareness of self, skills, and interests
- Provide the opportunity to be creative and innovative with your work
- Allow you to contribute to a rewarding mission
- Put your technical skills to good use!
- Assisting with the drafting and development of communications and marketing materials, including for media relations (press releases, op-eds, etc.), event marketing, and other purposes.
- Helping manage and grow AYPF’s social media presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram (incl. simple graphic and video production)
- Aggregating and compiling data from Google Analytics, social media analytics, CRM, etc.
- Inputting and updating information in AYPF’s CRM database
- Helping to send out e-mailings using AYPF’s CRM
- Helping manage the AYPF website by coordinating timely, accurate posts and updates via WordPress.
- Creating online forms.
- Assisting with producing/promoting podcasts with our team, as necessary.
- Taking part in staff and board meetings
- Providing general administrative support as needed
- Other responsibilities as we grow our marketing and communications efforts
- Deep interest in and commitment to improving the lives of youth and AYPF’s mission
- Actively pursuing a college degree or alternative postsecondary education credential in a Marketing, Communications, or English concentration
- Be able to strongly commit to 37.5 hours per week through Spring 2023, if needed
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of social media platforms
- Excellent people skills
- Work well on individual and team projects
- Be flexible and initiative-taking regarding work assignments
- Skillful writing and editing skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, reliable, intelligent, positive, and motivated
- Ideally, experienced in learning or working with Canva, WordPress/CMS, email and CRM tools, video and podcast production, Adobe InDesign, and media relations
- Fluent with Microsoft Office and online communication tools (as well as comfortable learning new software and systems)
- Experience with Google Forms and Sheets, Google Analytics, Google Ads, social ads, Adobe Photoshop, and landing pages a plus.
AYPF will only consider candidates who commit to working a schedule of 37.5 hours per week. AYPF provides an internship stipend based on the following:
How To Apply:
Please submit a résumé and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email, indicating Marketing and Communications Internship in the subject line, to Christine Veney at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name in the file name of all your application materials.
Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please. Unfortunately, due to the expected volume of applications, we cannot respond to inquiries individually.