There are currently no internship opportunities at AYPF. Please check back later, or click here to subscribe to our E-Bulletin to be informed of future internship opportunities.
Internships at AYPF are paid and are substantive in nature, and interns are integral members of our team. For the foreseeable future, the internships will likely be remote.
Interns are expected to engage in a variety of activities, including researching and analyzing data, writing fact sheets and summaries, and planning and helping to execute online events, including roundtables and webinars. AYPF offers a variety of professional development opportunities, including participation in policy discussions and opportunities to learn about best practices in education and youth policy. In addition to working directly with our staff, interns benefit from ample opportunities to interact with our national network of leading researchers, practitioners, and policymakers by participating in online meetings and events.
- I thought of AYPF last week when I attended a job fair. The theme of the job fair was "Numbers Night," meant for those in the accounting, finance, or economics majors. As such, several of the employers I talked to were surprised by my policy work with AYPF. However, they were thrilled when I told them about the writing, research, and networking skills I gained while in D.C. To paraphrase one of the potential employers I talked to: "We always have individuals who are good at crunching the data and the numbers, but it is rare when we can find someone with great communication skills too." The workshops that you directed me through are still helping me out immensely.”- B. Pults – Saint John’s University (Summer 2019 Intern)
- Congratulations on establishing such a positive, well-organized internship program and thank you for the opportunity to work at AYPF. It was a truly enriching summer and I am leaving Washington with a lot of great take-aways and experiences.”- M. Luczak – Northwestern University (Summer 2010 Intern)
- Interning at AYPF afforded me the opportunity to engage with the policy world, and refine my research and writing skills all with the help of an ultra supportive team encouraging me along the way! Truly an enhancing and enriching semester and I would recommend anyone interested to apply!”- M. Weiss – Georgetown University (Spring 2018 Intern)
- The staff at AYPF is so warm and welcoming; they really make you feel like part of the team as well as open doors to experiences in the policy world. I would definitely recommend!”- J. D’Arminio – Cornell University (Spring 2008 Intern)
- From my first day at AYPF, I immediately felt welcomed and valued as part of the team. The substantial work and collegial atmosphere gave me the support I needed to develop professionally and deepen my knowledge of education policy. The internship itself was very structured yet still allowed outlets for autonomy to explore and write about my own particular interests in education. AYPF interns also get to take full advantage of the opportunities and events in Washington, D.C. I highly recommend!”- A. Shachat – (Summer 2016 Intern)