Discussion of alternative education is growing across the country as states and districts look for ways to better serve students whose needs are not met in traditional school settings. AYPF recently released three publications tackling what alternative education settings do well, areas for improvement, opportunities for innovation, and issues requiring further inquiry. See these key AYPF resources and others below, as well as a collection of partner resources.
- Publication: Persistence to Graduation: Alternative Education Practice Brief
- Publication: Alternative Education in ESSA State Plans: A Review of 38 States
- Infographic: Alternative Education in ESSA State Plans: A Review of 38 States
- Policy Brief: Measuring Success: Accountability for Alternative Education
- Case Study: Innovations in Accountability Measures: Three Case Studies for Alternative Education
- Issue Brief: Trends from the Field: Lessons Learned about Alternative Education