- Current to Future State: Issues and Action Steps for State Policy to Support Personalized, Competency Based Learning: https://www.inacol.org/resource/current-future-state-issues-action-steps-state-policy-support-personalized-competency-based-learning/
- Developing a Modern Teacher Workforce: Federal Policy Recommendations for Professional Learning and Supporting Future-Focused, Competency-Based Education Systems: https://www.inacol.org/resource/developing-a-modern-teacher-workforce-federal-policy-recommendations-for-professional-learning-and-supporting-future-focused-competency-based-education-systems/?platform=hootsuite
- 2019 State and Federal Policy Priorities: https://www.inacol.org/resource/2019-state-and-federal-policy-priorities/
- iNACOL 2019 Federal Policy Priorities: https://www.inacol.org/resource/inacol-2019-federal-policy-priorities/
- iNACOL 2019 State Policy Priorities: https://www.inacol.org/resource/inacol-2019-state-policy-priorities/
- Competency-Based Learning Information Hub: https://www.aypf.org/resource/cbl-info-hub/
- Competency-Based Learning in 60 Seconds (video):
- Webinar: Competency-Based Education As A Strategy To Promote College And Career Readiness For All: https://www.aypf.org/event/competency-based-education-as-a-strategy-to-promote-college-and-career-readiness-for-all/
It is time to build an education system on the core principle that all students can succeed and be ready for the next step in their learning, the workforce and life. K-12 education must transform to align with the needs of learners and the knowledge and skills they will need to fulfill their dreams.
This briefing provided a national overview of developments in the field of competency-based education across K-12 education and highlight ways in which education can prepare students for success in postsecondary education, work, and life.
The briefing included a discussion on the future of education with federal policy priorities for aligning K-12 education to meet the demands of the future workforce. National experts, state leaders and district leaders will share the latest research, developments and trends to help participants understand what competency education looks like in practice, how it can advance equity and what federal policymakers can do to ensure states and localities have the flexibility and supports they need to build high-quality, equitable systems. The briefing addressed implications for teacher preparation in the Higher Education Act, as well as implementation considerations for the Every Student Succeeds Act and Carl D. Perkins Act for Career and Technical Education (Perkins V).