Despite advances in improving college and career readiness for students with disabilities, there is still a great deal of work needed to help more students achieve their full potential. This brief examines how two federal laws, the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), can promote meaningful pathways to postsecondary opportunities by ensuring all students are college and career ready.
Specifically, this brief:
- Examines data on secondary and postsecondary education and employment outcomes of students with disabilities,
- Considers how college and career readiness strategies can support students with disabilities on a path to postsecondary education and career opportunities,
- Provides analyses of the provisions under ESSA and IDEA that support college and career readiness for students with disabilities,
- Features examples of effective practices, and
- Includes guidance for state leaders.
Click here or the above image to read the full publication.